Friday, June 29, 2012


 4 down, 2 to go!

Chemotherapy treatments that is!

I had such a busy week! On Wednesday I got my hair cut, Thursday was Chemo, and come Saturday the benefit! I am so excited for tomorrow! It has given me something to look forward to all week.

My haircut was kind of a spontaneous decision because I was at lunch with my mom and an old friend posted that she can take clients now at Gene Juarez. I decided that I would like to feel girly for the first time since I moved home and this would be a great chance to catch up with her. I called to make the appointment and she was all booked :( I couldn't do it Thursday because of Chemo and I knew Friday I would be sick all day but now I really wanted it done before the event on Saturday. So I called a salon up the street to see if they had any available. They did! When I went in I told the lady right off the bat that my hair is already damaged from bleaching all of last year and that I was on Chemo and had been lucky enough not to lose it yet. I didn't want to color it because I am sure the chemicals can't be good for Chemo hair and if it does fall out, it would just be a waste of money. She agreed. I am truly sorry I don't remember her name because she turned out to be such an awesome person! We chatted as if we were old friends and I really appreciated not being rushed out. She took her time and then curled my hair. I felt so pretty! I seriously feel like she could be a friend for life :) Her grandmother is going through Chemo for stomach cancer so I have been praying every day for her, but it seems like she has the same positive attitude as me. She said she is old and she may die one day but it is not going to be from the cancer! I love it! When my appointment was over I went to pay and the front desk lady told me there was no charge. My hair dresser had taken care of it! It is so amazing how compassionate people are! Anyway I huge thank you to you if you are reading! Please leave a comment at the bottom reminding me of your name or find me on Facebook so I can thank you once again!!!

Chemo was extremely rough this week. I had gotten a really bad night’s sleep the night before totaling only around 3 hours so I was already exhausted going in. Then on our way there I started to feel really nauseous. When it was time to start Chemo I was already having such a hard time and to make matters worse, it seemed like my nurse was having a bad day. Now I want to be really careful what I say here because I have had nothing but the most impeccable staff working with me from the start. I was being very sensitive that day and I know a lot of people read this. She wasn't a bad nurse it just seemed like a bad day for both of us. It really was the hardest Chemo treatment I have had so far and I know it doesn't help that the radiation is really starting to affect my body as well. Even today I am feeling quite under the weather still and I am seriously hoping to be 100% better by tomorrow! I am drinking water like crazy just trying to flush this crap out of me.

Today I plan to just rest. I am going to stay in bed all day and really not push myself at all so I can be there tomorrow! I have been so excited for this. It really means a lot to have the support of all my friends and family and I am just so excited to see everyone. There are so many great items up for auction too! My mom has been working really hard on getting the craft table ready. It is going to be fun :)

Thanks again to everyone who is reading my blog. It's great to know that I am supported by so many!

2 comments:

  1. Your fundraiser was so fun! We had such a great time and wish we didn't have to leave early. I really wanted on of those picture boards! I'll have to buy one!

    ReplyDelete