Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I try and remember to take pictures where ever this road takes me. Here are the pictures I have taken so far.

Warning: Some pictures at the end show my thigh and quite a bit of skin. If you don't want to see them, they will be the last 3 pictures.


This picture is from my first visit to the ER in Tempe. I had the most amazing RN. He made the trip not so miserable. He told great stories to pass the time, as they were extremely busy that night. I never got blood drawn from my right arm until that night, and now I will never go back to my left! Thank You Billy for such a great experience :)




The other 3 pictures are also of that night. My poor roomie, Rikki, stuck it out with me all night!



This bruise was from the shot they put in my arm to bloat my stomach for surgery. After my surgery, I could feel random air bubbles floating throughout my stomach!






These were all the incisions made during my surgery. Most of them were to move my ovaries up and away from the radiation zone, but one (or some) was to take out lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread. It didn't :)




And some without the bandages. The weirdest place was right through my belly button. That one seems to be the most annoying as it scabs over, it itches like crazy!!! All in all I had 6 incisions and it looks like they won't scar, although at this point it would be cool to have some "battle wounds"!


I had surgery on Monday but by Thursday was feeling pretty good. Turns out I probably pushed myself a little too much because I was staying with one of my besties, Rhonda, and by Saturday night I had a an ER visit. I had a pretty big blood clot come out and then couldn't stop bleeding for a couple minutes straight. To be safe we went in, and he explained that sometimes happens after surgery but my blood count was really low and he wanted me to take it easy or I would need a blood transfusion. I should also add that by this point I am so used to being stuck with needles, it hardly even phases me anymore!




Then randomly on Tuesday, yesterday, I woke up with this rash on my neck. I still don't know what caused it but my doctor thinks it may be the pain killers. It doesn't bother me that much, lightly itchy, but it looks terrible! Even today it still looks pretty broken out but I am still taking my medication so that is probably not helping!

 

This is from Radiology today. About to have measurements so they know where to direct the radiation every week.

Okay, now is when I need to warn you about the next pictures. These were taken at my Radiology appointment today and they had to lower my pants. I want to be really open and honest through all of this experience, so I am going to add them. My intention is not to be offensive, so if you don't want to see them, stop now!


































This is when they just started marking me for my tattoos. The black marks on my hip is just one of the spots I got tattoo'd on. I have one on the other side and right down the middle.




Marking my other hip...




and my tattoo right down the middle. THESE WERE NOT FUN! I have had tattoos, but never like this. They used a dab of ink and stabbed you with a needle, just like a jailhouse tat!

No comments:

Post a Comment