Friday, July 13, 2012

My last Chemo was yesterday!

It went really well :)

I am a little sick today but mainly just tired. I am super excited to be done with Chemo with what I hope is the rest of my life! Radiation ends Tuesday and that is also very exciting!! I have a 3 or 4 week break then until I start internal radiation, which I have to be honest, I am terrified of.

Hopefully it is just the unknown and it won't actually be that bad but the more and more I think about it, I get more and more scared.

Back to good things! My mom has been planning a trip to Hawaii since September of last year and it just happens to fall about 2 weeks after all my treatments are done!! I am so excited to celebrate being cancer free in such a beautiful place. My family really deserves it after all of this. My mom has driven me 4 days a week to and from radiation and once a week to Chemo. It is about 40 to 50 minutes round trip every time.

I would also like to take a minute and truly thank my friend Rhonda and her whole family for putting on the benefit for me. I don't think I ever properly gave them gratitude! It was amazing and I had so much fun!! They worked really hard and selflessly to help me pay bills that needed to be paid. I am truly appreciative of them!!

Here are some pictures of my last at Chemo :)


Last time I am poked with a needle for Chemo!!




Congrats from the staff in the infusion department :)




And me, finally done! It feels so good!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment: