Sunday, July 8, 2012

Feeling good.

This week of Chemo started rough but as of today I am feeling pretty good :)

I am getting more and more nervous about the internal radiation, but I think it's just because I don't really know what to expect. I am concerned because I had a very hard time with the general anesthesia when I had my surgery. The hope would be that because I am not having any incisions it won't be as bad...

So my last Chemotherapy treatment is this Thursday 7/12. And my last radiation is next Tuesday 7/17. And then I get a 2 or 3 week break before starting internal radiation. I hope I have energy during my break! I am so sick of feeling tired and run down everyday. Plus this Chemo brain is really starting to get to me. I feel like I can't make any real decisions, everything is a little fuzzy. Things like shopping are practically impossible because nothing seems right. Every shoe looks perfect and every ice cream flavor sounds good...it seems small but it is really hard to deal with.

I am going to miss the radiation staff. I like my Chemo staff but the radiation people I see everyday. And I genuinely really like them. They have made me so comfortable and helped with every little bit along the way. The departure will be bitter sweet.

All in all I am excited to be done with 2 major hurdles. Just one more to overcome and then I can go home and forget this crap ever happened. I doubt it will be that easy to forget, and maybe I don't really want to forget. This has been such an amazing life lesson. Yea, I don't want to forget but I do want a break from learning!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment